Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Narrow Escape

I didn't have a name when my parents brought me home. There was a great debate among my family about what I should be called.

I had a very narrow escape when the naming was going on. My Mummy and Jie Jie wanted to call me Remington!!!! I was supposed to be named after their favourite TV character Remington Steele (aka Pierce Brosnan). Thank God my Daddy came to my rescue and insisted that a noble dog like me should not be named after the whimpy Remington Steele.

After much debate and several unsavoury options, it was finally decided that I looked like a Scruffy. You see I have a double coat of hair - a soft downy undercoat and a slightly longer shaggier stiff coat. So I look perpetually scruffy and Scruffy I became.

I must say this is certainly an improvement on Remington!! I'm happy with it. Being neat, suave and sophisticated all the time does take the fun out of being a dog!

No comments: