Friday, July 13, 2007

Vet! Vet! Vet!

It has been a dreadfully busy week for me. My ear infection has not fully healed. As a result, Mummy has to take me to the vet everyday to have them clean my ear properly. She's very squeamish about these things and doesn't do it properly. They are so cruel to me at the vets. Dig! Dig! Dig in my ear. Yucks!

One good laugh did come out of the whole thing though. One evening at the vet, my Mum asked my Dad to take Jie Jie to the nearby shopping mall to get some of her stuff bound into a book while she waited with me for the vet. We finished rather quickly that night and as the mall was only a 5 minute walk away, Mum called Dad on the mobile and said she would go over to the mall instead of him coming to pick us up.

Now this may not seem strange to most of us but you must understand my mother. She is the type that would refuse to walk 5 minutes to the neighbourhood supermarket. She insists when parking the car to park at the lot closest to whatever place she is going to. She grumbles when she has to walk up a flight of stairs. She must take the car everywhere no matter how near it is. So you can imagine my Dad's reaction. First thing he said was "How are you getting here? (thinking he will have to get the car and bring her to the mall) What?! Walk?! Did I hear right?" Rather mean of him I thought. To make matters worse, before he hung up "I will have the ambulance and paramedics on standby. Just in case you need them." Mean Daddy! Anyway, Jie Jie and Kor Kor had a great laugh about this. My Mother - walking. Very unusual and really one for the history books.

We made it there by the way, on foot!

Another happening this week, my Dad, the photographer decided that he needed to practise his skills and take some family pictures to hang on the walls. So he made all of us get dressed and dolled up. Toto and I had our hair combed of course. We all had to be his models while he framed and shot all the photos. So boring. Anyway, here are the results of his handiwork.

With Kor Kor. I wasn't cooperating as ususal.


Toto with Daddy. I thought Toto looked rather "retarded" here. Hee! Hee! He's not photogenic unlike me.

With my two lovely ladies.

Actually I thought the pictures turned out quite nicely. We will have them hanging on the walls quite soon. Just as soon as Daddy stays awake long enough to get them printed and framed. Hee! Hee!

7 comments:

Ume said...

hi Scruffy,
those r great family portraits! i tot they were pawfessionally shot b4 i read your post!
u were so bad, Toto din look "retarded", he's a cutie!
P.S the comment from your Dad to your Mum was mean, but reali funny! keke...

Molly the Airedale said...

Awesome family portraits! You look pretty spiffy Scruffy!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

José Tan said...

Those pics look really nice and professionally taken. Cool!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Scruffy.
I am sending you good vibes to get well soon!
Tell your dad he took great pictures of the family. Like a pro!
Thanks for sharing them!
Is your mom that bad walking??
Have a good night
Lorenza

PreciOus said...

I hope your ear infection heal soon so you don't have to be tortured by the vet everyday!

Nice pics, your dad is very professional.

Snuggle,
Precious

Bella said...

great looking photo's.
Hope your ear is getting better now.
Wuffs
Bella

Balboa said...

WOW, what a beautiful looking family you have. I can tell they are nice people for taking pics with you and Toto.

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa